Your baby has not come yet but he is certainly preparing you for the interrupted sleep you will be having after the birth. Whether it is frequent trips to the loo, heartburn or simply size of your tummy. Getting in the way of a good night’s rest, sleep can be hard to come by when you are pregnant.
WAYS FOR SOUND DORMANCY SLEEP IN PREGNANCY
1.Sleep on your left side :
The safest position to sleep in through out pregnancy is on your left side. There’s no problem in lying on your stomach in early pregnancy, but as your bump grows , this position will no longer be comfortable.
Sleeping on your back isn’t a good idea because the weight of your baby is pressing against your blood vessels reducing blood flow to your baby. If you wake up on your back, don’t worry, your baby will be fine , just turn on to your side and full asleep again.
2. Use a pregnancy pillow :
For many women pregnancy pillows work best for their sleeping. Buy a pregnancy pillow designed to support you Or put an ordinary pillow under your bump and between your knees.Pregnancy pillows come in various sizes according to the unique women sizes to comfort like C- shaped, U-shaped . These act as a wonderful sleeping aid in pregnancy.
3.Get rid of stress and anxiety :
The stress and anxiety is normal in pregnancy, women have various mood swings and suffer from stress and anxiety and so they tend to sleep less. Stress and anxiety can be removed by exercises and meditation. you should also talk to your husband and doctor about this.
4. Exercise during the day times :
Exercises in pregnancy has many benefits. they help to sleep better at night. exercises gives deeper sleep to the women so pregnant women should do daily exercises. However , they should avoid exercises at the night or 4 hours before going to sleep.
5. Avoid caffeine :
Avoid food and drink containing caffeine because this can make you asleep and besides caffeine during pregnancy is harmful for you and your baby. however, little caffeine is safe. Reduce the amount you drink an hour before you go to bed, but still drink plenty of water during the day to prevent dehydration.
6. Drink milk before going to bed :
Milk and sparkling water are both good for indigestion. Keep a glass by your bed. for some women. Drinking a warmed glass of milk before bed helps them fall asleep more easily. Try it out and see if it works for you.
sOME OTHER tips :
- Go to bed at the same time every night so your body begins to expect sleep
- In your third trimester, try wearing a sleep bra and a maternity belt to give you extra support.
- Unwind with a warm, milky drink or relaxing bath before bed.
- Clear your mind of any niggles. If you can’t sleep, don’t clock watch – read a book or magazine until you feel drowsy.
- Avoid eating large meals, instead eat little and often and try not to eat and drink at the same time.
- If you have a dream that frightens you, try not to read any meaning into it.
- When you get to the loo,lean forward as much as your bump will allow, so you can empty your bladder completely.